Planning a birthday party for your kids can do two big things: Cause your imagination to run riot with wild ideas, and also be an overwhelming event to plan and pull off! In this blog series, I’ll help walk you through what to do as the party day approaches, which will help keep that overwhelming feeling at bay.
Today I want to share with you the first 5 steps you really want to put into place at about 4-6 weeks before the big day.
4-6 weeks before:
- Choose a theme. Anyone with younger kids can attest that at one minute you have a Frozen theme picked out, and the next its all about My Little Pony! My eldest daughter, Miss almost 4 is a prime example of this. Which is why we suggest choosing a theme 4-6 weeks before the party date arrives. This will allow you ample time to source everything you need; from decorations to cake images and toppers and all other decorations.
- Pick a venue, date and time. The biggest things to consider here will be travel time (if the party isn’t at your home) and of course the weather! Adelaide’s weather is a little bit unpredictable and as we have a winter baby, all of our parties are indoors. Always better to be safe than soggy!
- Make a guest list. This should also be done as early as possible. we suggest doing it early because it will help you work out venues for your party, as well as approximate costs of the party.
- Order your supplies. The earlier you get everything the better! When sourcing party decorations it can take time and various shopping trips. Not anymore! Browse our website and order what you need! We can supply you with all the essentials for your party in our Essentials Box. From plates to napkins, birthday candles in your preferred theme and more. Or if you want some more ‘oomph’ we have a range of Deluxe Boxes which also include a backdrop 180cm x 120cm! Maybe you are looking for something more specific; if there’s something in particular you are looking for, feel free to contact us and we will do our best to source it! (#noshameplug)
- Organise any entertainment you need; Animals, face painters, magician, jumping castles, etc. Please don’t leave it to the last minute! Many of the entertainment providers for kids parties book out weeks in advance!
On the next blog post I’ll be giving you some more hints and tips for party planning: 102!